We are excited to announce the completion of the third Outsourced Service Provider Audit Report (OSPAR) audit cycle on July 1, 2021. The latest OSPAR certification includes the addition of 19 new services in scope, bringing the total number of services to 127 in the Asia Pacific (Singapore) Region.
You can download our latest OSPAR report in AWS Artifact, a self-service portal for on-demand access to AWS compliance reports. Sign in to AWS Artifact in the AWS Management Console, or learn more at Getting Started with AWS Artifact. The list of services in scope for OSPAR is available in the report, and is also available on the AWS Services in Scope by Compliance Program webpage.
Some of the newly added services in scope include the following:
- AWS Outposts, a fully managed service that extends AWS infrastructure, AWS services, APIs, and tools to any datacenter, co-location space, or an on-premises facility for a consistent hybrid experience.
- Amazon Connect, an easy to use omnichannel cloud contact center that helps customers provide superior customer service across voice, chat, and tasks at lower cost than traditional contact center systems.
- Amazon Lex, a service for building conversational interfaces into any application using voice and text.
- Amazon Macie, a fully managed data security and data privacy service that uses machine learning and pattern matching to help customers discover, monitor, and protect customers’ sensitive data in AWS.
- Amazon Quantum Ledger Database (QLDB), a fully managed ledger database that provides a transparent, immutable and cryptographically verifiable transaction log owned by a central trusted authority.
The OSPAR assessment is performed by an independent third-party auditor, selected from the ABS list of approved auditors. The assessment demonstrates that AWS has a system of controls in place that meet the Association of Banks in Singapore (ABS) Guidelines on Control Objectives and Procedures for Outsourced Service Providers. Our alignment with the ABS guidelines demonstrates to customers, our commitment to meet the security expectations for cloud service providers set by the financial services industry in Singapore. You can leverage the OSPAR assessment report to conduct due diligence, and to help reduce the effort and costs required for compliance. AWS OSPAR reporting period is now updated in the ABS list of OSPAR Audited Outsourced Service Providers.
As always, we are committed to bringing new services into the scope of our OSPAR program based on your architectural and regulatory needs. Please reach out to your AWS account team if you have questions about the OSPAR report.
If you have feedback about this post, submit comments in the Comments section below.
Want more AWS Security how-to content, news, and feature announcements? Follow us on Twitter.