New MySQL / PostgreSQL version support on RDS – Amazon RDS now supports MySQL Community Edition minor versions 5.7.25 and 5.7.24, and MariaDB minor version 10.2.21 in all AWS regions, and Amazon RDS now supports PostgreSQL major version 11.
Open Source Contributions
- Amazon ElastiCache contributed a new feature to the redis performance benchmark, redis-benchmark, with flexible precision – Updated redis benchmark with us precision support
- Amazon ElastiCache contributed bug fixes to the upcoming Redis ACL feature in Redis 6.0 – Making deleting users better defined and update documentation – Updated acl setuser to be all or nothing
- How to determine whether Kaigen (Japan era name transition) affects your MySQL compatible engines running on RDS – AWS Database blog
- Managing PostgreSQL users and roles – AWS Database blog
- Introducing AWS Amplify Video “an open source plugin for the Amplify CLI that makes it easy to incorporate video streaming into your mobile and web applications powered by AWS Amplify.” (AWS Media blog)
- Generate an Amazon S3 presigned URL with SSE using the AWS SDK for C++ (AWS Developer blog)
- Chainer model inference in Java, with ONNX and Apache MXNet (Apache MXNet blog)
- Reducing deep learning inference cost with MXNet and Amazon Elastic Inference (AWS Machine Learning blog)
- AWS Deep Learning AMIs now come with TensorFlow 1.13, MXNet 1.4, and support Amazon Linux 2 (AWS Machine Learning blog)
Did You Know?
We have jobs open in open source. You can find a partial listing on opensource.amazon.com.
photo: Deirdré Straughan, 2016 in Jaipur
from AWS Open Source Blog