In this topic we are going to guide you to the complete process of this certification from where you can opt for the courses what are the topics that are going to be covered in this certification and how can you prepare for this certification.
Google Professional Machine Learning Engineer Certification
Professional machine learning engineer is this certification provided by Google cloud in the field of machine learning. According to the Google cloud a professional machine learning engineer always helps to design, build, and productionizes the machine learning models to solve various business challenges using Google cloud air technologies and all the knowledge of the machine learning models.
Professional machine learning engineer exam help you to assesses the following skills:
- Frame machine learning problems
- Architecture machine learning solutions
- Prepare and process data
- Developing machine learning models
- Automate and orchestrate machine learning pipelines
- Monitoring, optimizing, and maintaining machine learning solutions.
To give this exam Google recommends you need to have at least 3 years of experience in the field of machine learning so you can have a proper understanding while preparing for the exam.
Portions/Syllabus for the Exam
Section 1: ML Problem Framing
1.1 Translate business challenge into ML use case. Considerations include:
- Defining business problems
- Identifying nonML solutions
- Defining output use
- Managing incorrect results
- Identifying data sources
1.2 Define ML problem. Considerations include:
- Defining problem type (classification, regression, clustering, etc.)
- Defining outcome of model predictions
- Defining the input (features) and predicted output format
1.3 Define business success criteria. Considerations include:
- Success metrics
- Key results
- Determination of when a model is deemed unsuccessful
1.4 Identify risks to feasibility and implementation of ML solution. Considerations include:
- Assessing and communicating business impact
- Assessing ML solution readiness
- Assessing data readiness
- Aligning with Google AI principles and practices (e.g. different biases)
Section 2: ML Solution Architecture
2.1 Design reliable, scalable, highly available ML solutions. Considerations include:
- Optimizing data use and storage
- Data connections
- Automation of data preparation and model training/deployment
- SDLC best practices
2.2 Choose appropriate Google Cloud software components. Considerations include:
- A variety of component types – data collection; data management
- Feature engineering
2.3 Choose appropriate Google Cloud hardware components. Considerations include:
- Selection of quotas and compute/accelerators with components
2.4 Design architecture that complies with regulatory and security concerns. Considerations include:
- Building secure ML systems
- Privacy implications of data usage
- Identifying potential regulatory issues
Section 3: Data Preparation and Processing
3.1 Data ingestion. Considerations include:
- Ingestion of various file types (e.g. Csv, json, img, parquet or databases, Hadoop/Spark)
- Database migration
- Streaming data (e.g. from IoT devices)
3.2 Data exploration (EDA). Considerations include:
- Statistical fundamentals at scale
- Evaluation of data quality and feasibility
3.3 Design data pipelines. Considerations include:
- Batching and streaming data pipelines at scale
- Data privacy and compliance
- Monitoring/changing deployed pipelines
3.4 Build data pipelines. Considerations include:
- Data validation
- Handling missing data
- Handling outliers
- Managing large samples (TFRecords)
- Transformations (TensorFlow Transform)
3.5 Feature engineering. Considerations include:
- Data leakage and augmentation
- Encoding structured data types
- Feature selection
- Class imbalance
- Feature crosses
Section 4: ML Model Development
4.1 Build a model. Considerations include:
- Choice of framework and model
- Modeling techniques given interpretability requirements
- Transfer learning
- Model generalization
4.2 Train a model. Considerations include:
- Training a model as a job in different environments
- Tracking metrics during training
- Retraining/redeployment evaluation
4.3 Test a model. Considerations include:
- Unit tests for model training and serving
- Model performance against baselines, simpler models, and across the time dimension
- Model explainability on Cloud AI Platform
4.4 Scale model training and serving. Considerations include:
- Distributed training
- Hardware accelerators
- Scalable model analysis (e.g. Cloud Storage output files, Dataflow, BigQuery, Google Data Studio)
Section 5: ML Pipeline Automation & Orchestration
5.1 Design pipeline. Considerations include:
- Identification of components, parameters, triggers, and compute needs
- Orchestration framework
- Hybrid or multi-cloud strategies
5.2 Implement training pipeline. Considerations include:
- Decoupling components with Cloud Build
- Constructing and testing of parameterized pipeline definition in SDK
- Tuning compute performance
- Performing data validation
- Storing data and generated artifacts
5.3 Implement serving pipeline. Considerations include:
- Model binary options
- Google Cloud serving options
- Testing for target performance
- Setup of trigger and pipeline schedule
5.4 Track and audit metadata. Considerations include:
- Organization and tracking experiments and pipeline runs
- Hooking into model and dataset versioning
- Model/dataset lineage
5.5 Use CI/CD to test and deploy models. Considerations include:
- Hooking models into existing CI/CD deployment system
- A/B and canary testing
Section 6: ML Solution Monitoring, Optimization, and Maintenance
6.1 Monitor ML solutions. Considerations include:
- Performance and business quality of ML model predictions
- Logging strategies
- Establishing continuous evaluation metrics
6.2 Troubleshoot ML solutions. Considerations include:
- Permission issues (IAM)
- Common training and serving errors (TensorFlow)
- ML system failure and biases
6.3 Tune performance of ML solutions for training & serving in production. Considerations include:
- Optimization and simplification of input pipeline for training
- Simplification techniques
- Identification of appropriate retraining policy
Google Learning Path got Google Professional Machine Learning Engineer Certification
Google itself has a learning path defined for machine learning courses in an order so that you can understand machine learning easily and can prepare for the Google professional machine learning engineer certification simultaneously. Based on the portions are the syllabus present for the certification you can opt for the courses all training that is available in machine learning path buy Google so that you can prepare for the certification exam.
Courses for Google Professional Machine Learning Engineer Certification
There are various places that you can check for the coast for Google professional machine learning engineer certification. Most of them covers all the portions that are required for this certification and provides hands on experience for this. Google itself provides a crash course available for machine learning which will help you to understand the basics of machine learning with the available service in the Google cloud the URL for crash course is pasted below. there are other places where you can check for the certification courses like Udemy and YouTube for free courses.
Machine Learning Crash course by google: – https://developers.google.com/machine-learning/crash-course
Preparing for Google Professional Machine Learning Engineer Certification
There are different ways to prepare for this exam. Google suggested some of the steps to be performed in order before the exam so that you can have a complete preparation for the certification.
The steps suggested by Google are as follows:
- Get the real-world experience: To have a real-world experience on the machine learning projects so that you can have a better understanding of machine learning technology and terminologies.
- Understand what is on exam: what topics will be on exam so that you can study easily we have already covered this part in the previous section.
- Review the sample questions: Google already have a place where they have posted a sample question which comes according to an exam you can have a look at that sample questions to prepare yourself and solve some of the model questions or mock exam.
- Round out your skills with training: It’s better to practice all the services that are provided by Google cloud for machine learning to have a better hands-on experience and understanding.
- Schedule an exam: After you have completed all the above steps you can now schedule an exam according to your availability and your readiness
Details Regarding the Exam
Format: – A total of 60 questions and each question are multiple choice.
Examination method: – onsite center or online exam.
Time: – 120 minutes
Cost: – 200 U.S. dollars
Language available: – English
Certification Validity: – 2 years
Schedule an exam for Google Professional Machine Learning Engineer Certification: https://cloud.google.com/certification/machine-learning-engineer
Q1. Does Whizlabs have a course for Google Professional Machine Learning Engineer Certification?
Ans. No, But Whizlabs is working on the course and will updated as soon as it out.
Q2. Where can I find the Google Learning path?
Ans. Here is the link you can find more about Google Learning Path
Q3. Do google have any criteria for the exam?
Ans. Google does say that to examinee must be at least of age 18.
Q4. When can we give the exam for certification renewal?
Ans. You need to start 60 prior for the expiration.
Q5. When can we retake the exam if we fail?
Ans. If you fail the Exam, you may retake the Exam, but you must wait at least fourteen (14) days before doing so. If you fail the Exam a second time, you may retake the Exam, but must wait at least sixty (60) days before doing so. If you fail the Exam a third time, you may retake the Exam, but you must wait at least one (1) year before doing so.
Q6. Is Google Leaning Path is free?
Ans. Google learning path provides you 30 days free trail.
Q7. Do we receive any vouchers after clearing the exam?
Ans. No we do not receive any vouchers after clearing an exam.