Community events are definitely one of the notable things everyone looks forward to, especially in the cloud community. Among the many prominent events, AWS Re:Invent has always been making headlines in the domain of cloud computing since its inception in 2012. Just like other notable events of other cloud providers such as Microsoft Ignite and Google Cloud Next, AWS Re:Invent 2020 will have to take on a different approach.
Well, 2020 has not been the year of things going as per plans for almost everyone and there were many speculations about AWS Re:Invent being canceled this year. However, canceling an event that had more than 60,000 people in attendance from all over the world last year is definitely not on the cards for 2020.
Although a little bit different from the usual, AWS has decided to conduct this year’s AWS Re:Invent through virtual media. Most important of all, you can attend the most awaited virtual cloud conference of 2020 for free. Let us explore some of the necessary information that can help you go through the events of AWS Re:Invent effortlessly.
Preparing for an AWS Certification? Check out our AWS Certification Training Courses now!
General Details of AWS Re:Invent 2020
First of all, let us reflect on general information about AWS Re:Invent 2020 before diving into other detailed information. AWS Re:Invent is basically the annual user conference of the world’s leading cloud service provider, Amazon Web Services. The event focuses prominently on cloud strategies, IT architecture and infrastructure, cloud operations and security, and developer productivity.
Generally, the conference used to be held across seven different locations in Las Vegas. However, due to the unwanted circumstances of this year, the event will be 100% virtual in nature. The event will be held across three weeks from November 30, 2020, to December 18, 2020. The 2020 AWS Re:Invent would have broadcasts for serving audiences in different time zones such as the Americas (PST), Europe (GMT), and Asia-Pacific (SGT).
The sessions along with keynote sessions in AWS Re:Invent would broadcast live in the Americas. Then, the event would be broadcasted again in the other two time zones at specified times. The registration for the event opened up in late October and is continuing right now.
What Events Can You Expect at This Year’s AWS Re:Invent?
Despite the transition to a completely virtual cloud conference in 2020, AWS Re:Invent brings the same content this year. The 2020 AWS Re:Invent would also bring more access to AWS leaders with various opportunities to develop your AWS expertise. Additionally, participants can also access viable prospects for honing their existing knowledge alongside learning new approaches for working with AWS. So, what are the specific highlights that you can look forward to in the 2020 AWS Re:Invent? Let’s take a look!
The AWS Re:Invent 2020 event will bring you multiple live sessions from top industry experts and users worldwide. The sessions are tailored for different expertise levels and give the perfect platform for interacting with community members. In addition, participants also get the opportunity to access technical content aimed at specific markets. AWS Re:Invent sessions can actually support you in finding answers to various service, technical and product-related questions.
Certification and Training
AWS Re:Invent 2020 will also open up avenues for various certification and training programs for improving your knowledge of cloud. The training programs have inputs of expert cloud partners and professionals for supporting learners with different levels of skillset.
Keynote Speaker Sessions
In the 2020 AWS Re:Invent, keynote speaker sessions will enjoy higher levels of anticipation like every year. Participants are always eager for the launch announcements for new products and services. Most important of all, top industry experts share their unique knowledge and experience in keynote speaker sessions. Here is a list of the keynote speakers in this year’s AWS Re:Invent,
- AWS Keynote by CEO Andy Jassy
- AWS Partner Keynote by Sandy Carter, Dave McCann and Doug Yeum
- Machine Learning Keynote by Swami Sivasubramanian
- Infrastructure Keynote by Peter DeSantis
- Keynote of AWS VP and CTO Dr. Werner Vogels
Re:Invent Leadership Sessions
Apart from the keynote speaker sessions, AWS Re:Invent 2020 will provide sessions on a wide assortment of topics. Under leadership of top AWS experts, Re:Invent leadership sessions would focus on discussions about latest advancements in AWS technologies. In addition, AWS leaders would also shed light on success and potential of products in their respective domains. You can find the following leadership sessions planned out for this year’s AWS Re:Invent.
- Analytics session by Rahul Pathak, VP of Analytics
- Architecture session by Rudy Valdez, VP of Solutions Architecture and Training and Certification
- AWS Public Sector session by Teresa Carlson, VP of Worldwide Public Sector
- AWS Public Sector Partners session by Sandy Carter, VP of Global Public Sector Partners and Programs
- Business Applications session by Larry Augustin, VP of AWS Business Application Services
- Compute session by David Brown, VP of Amazon EC2
- Containers session by Deepak Singh, VP of Containers, Linux, AWS and HPC & Open Source
- Databases session by Shawn Bice, VP of AWS Databases
- Edge session by Bill Vass, VP of AWS Engineering
- Enterprise session by Dave McCann, VP of AWS Migration, Marketplace & Control Services
- IoT session by Dirk Didascalou, VP of AWS IoT
- Management Tools & Governance session by Bill Vass, VP of AWS Engineering
- Networking & Content Delivery session by Mayumi Hiramatsu, VP of EC2 Networking
- Security, Identity & Compliance session by Stephen E. Schmidt, VP and CISO, AWS
- Serverless session by David Richardson, VP of Serverless
- Storage session by Mai-Lan Tomsen Bukovec, VP of AWS Block & Object Storage
- Training and Certification session by Maureen Lonergan, AWS Training & Certification Director
- We Power Tech session by Mai-Lan Tomsen Bukovec, VP of AWS Block & Object Storage
Register now Free for the AWS Re:Invent
So, the AWS Re:Invent 2020 event definitely has a lot in store for all participants to know and learn everything new with AWS. The virtual cloud conference will also be more than just work as participants can get opportunities for collaboration and networking. AWS DeepRacer session and gamified sessions like ‘Jams and GameDays’ will be great platforms for trying out different AWS services in this year’s AWS Re:Invent.
Furthermore, participants will also have access to multiple watch parties for connecting with AWS enthusiasts worldwide. If you thought 2020 could put AWS Re:Invent out of track, then put your assumptions aside. Go ahead and register for AWS Re:Invent right now!