One of the missions of the education industry is to educate the next generation of the industry-ready workforce. Whether K-12, higher education, or continuing education, enabling teachers and professors to effectively deliver curriculum and improve student performance is a goal of Education Technology (EdTech) and learning companies. Two trends for AWS use cases in education are: 1) accessible remote learning; and 2) remote collaboration. For brevity, there are other innovation trend areas in education that we didn’t focus on in our “Ask an Expert” interview despite their importance. Use cases around learning accessibility, student performance, and campus experience have taken advantage of Amazon Alexa, Amazon Lex, and a variety of AWS technology areas including artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning, data lakes, analytics, and mobile development. To dive deep into a wider range of education use cases, we invite everyone to look at our AWS Education blog.
In this month’s issue
For May’s Education issue, we asked our expert, Yuriko Horvath, about general architecture patterns in the education space as well as what education customers need to think about and ask themselves before considering AWS.
- Ask an Expert: Yuriko Horvath, AWS Manager of Education for Solutions Architecture
- Blog: How to Build a Chatbot for Your School in Less Than an Hour (with step-by-step video instructions)
- Case Study: Virginia Tech: Building Modern Analytics on Amazon Web Services
- Solution: Video on Demand on AWS
- Whitepaper: Teaching Big Data Skills with Amazon EMR
How to access the magazine
- Readers in the US, UK, Germany, and France can subscribe to the Kindle version of the magazine at Kindle Newsstand.
- View and download past issues as PDFs on the AWS Architecture Monthly webpage.
- Visit Flipboard, a personalized mobile magazine app that you can also read on your computer.