By Dean Dierickx, Head of AWS Well-Architected Partner Program
The AWS Well-Architected Partner Program helps cloud architects build secure, high-performing, resilient, and efficient infrastructure for their applications.
Well-Architected Partners gain the expertise needed to build high-quality solutions, implement best practices, check the state of workloads, and make improvements when and where Amazon Web Services (AWS) customers need assistance.
The AWS Well-Architected Partner Program trains AWS Partner Network (APN) Consulting Partners on how to perform Well-Architected workload reviews. We enable you to help AWS customers establish good architectural habits, eliminate risk, and respond faster to changes that affect designs, applications, and workloads.
At AWS re:Invent 2019, we met up with APN Partners and asked them about the AWS Well-Architected Partner Program. Here’s what they had to say!
Watch the Video (2:11)
Special thanks to APN Partners Belle Fleur Technologies, nClouds, UTurn Data Solutions, and Zuggand for their participation in this video session at re:Invent, and for sharing how the AWS Well-Architected Partner Program is helping their teams build better applications on the AWS Cloud.
Benefits of the AWS Well-Architected Partner Program
Through the AWS Well-Architected Partner Program, APN Partners can:
- Drive better business outcomes by using a consistent review process to discover risk and plan for improvement.
- Establish good architectural habits within the partner and AWS customer.
- Earn increased trust and credibility with customers through measurable results.
- Drive new opportunities to stay connected to customers longer.
AWS customers benefit from working with Well-Architected Partners through:
- Accelerated innovation, cost savings, and reduction of business risk.
- Resource augmentation via expertise and guidance of AWS Cloud best practices.
- Partner program funding of 5,000 USD per Well-Architected Review that meets funding requirements.
How APN Partners Can Get Started
To learn more about program benefits and requirements, please visit the AWS Well-Architected Partner Program website.
A few examples of partner onboarding activities:
- Introductory and Executive Overview Webinar: This on-demand, one-hour webinar provides an overview of the AWS Well-Architected Partner Program. It should be attended by your Executive Sponsor, Alliance Lead, and Well-Architected Leads. Register here >>
- Sales and Operational Webinar: This on-demand, hour-long session should be attended by your Business Development Lead and core AWS Well-Architected sellers that are interacting with customers. Register here >>
- Executive Sponsor Kickoff: This scheduled meeting should be attended by your Executive Sponsor, Alliance Lead, and Business Development Lead. We’ll discuss initiatives, goals, KPIs, and overall partner and program objectives. Please contact your APN representative to schedule.
- Well Architected Bootcamp: Once you have completed items 1-3 and share the Solution Architect (SA) Certificates with Name, Company Title, and Email address, we’ll send you a registration link for the SAs who will be attending the bootcamp. APN Partners must send up to two (2) Professional SAs to a virtual or in-person one-day bootcamp.
- Read about Well-Architected Partners on the APN Blog
- APN Partner Testimonial Videos about the program
- AWS Well-Architected Framework website
- APN Blog: 5 pillars of AWS Well-Architected Framework